Management must be fully committed to this direction before we can begin. Management must be aware of the realities of the burdens of operating as a public company and must be honest with itself regarding not only the pros of this path, but the challenges and consequences of failure.
Some of the critical steps include:
- Business Plan / Financial Model / SEC filing – most entrepreneurs are expert at communicating with their customers or primary market. The descriptive and disclosure language in the SEC documents must be written to optimize your regulatory filing. Your message to the investment community must be succinct and compelling.
- Pre-Audit – a pre audit will help determine any issues that may exist and require attention before they are exposed during an audit. Issues exposed during an audit can require much more resources to address, as well as become disclosure issues. We have experienced financial professionals that can readily identify any issues that may exist and recommend whatever remediation is appropriate.
- Registered Public Company Auditor (PCAOB approved) – two years of audited financial statements by a PCAOB recognized firm is required. We estimate from $7,500 – $15,000 per year or more based upon the state of its accounting records, and the volume and complexity of the company and its business transactions. We have a list of audit firms we have worked with that we can recommend based upon your needs.
- Accounting Consulting/ CFO Placement – unless the company has a CFO in place with company public experience, this is a critical role that will have to be filled. An experienced CFO is your gateway to both regulatory compliance and investor communication. We have an extensive network of qualified financial professionals that can serve on a part time, interim basis as needed.
- Reverse Merger / Shell – As needed introduce companies to reverse merger or shell opportunities that meet the needs of the company and their investors.
- Retain Investment Relations (IR) Firm – the IR firm ensures liquidity in the stock, this means trading volume. Trading volume is essential to ensure the ability to raise capital as well as provide a means for investors and stakeholders to sell stock. This is also where the ongoing communications plan is essential. News supports the Investor Relations firm’s ability to build and maintain interest in the stock.
- Retain Investment Banker & Raise Capital –the identification of the investors and/or investment banker can be a daunting experience. We are not bankers or licensed brokers and we are not compensated for raising capital and we do not price or negotiate your transaction. We do have a large network of investors and investment bankers we regularly work with and we can assist in introductions.